Where to eat
Ithaca Menus web site
14850 (Ithaca zip code) Dining Guide
Extensive pdf of dining options in Ithaca.
There are many other places to eat!
The following places are open for breakfast and lunch only, and are
mostly closed on weekends.
There are only a few dinner options on campus.
- Trillium. In Kennedy Hall, across the street from
Malott. A wide variety of hot and cold food. This is probably the most convenient location from
- Manndible Cafe. Lobby of Mann Library, due east from Malott
through the Ag Quad. Burritos, sandwiches, healthy options, excellent coffee. Nate's favorite.
- Terrace Restaurant. In the basement of the Statler
Hotel. Many options such as burrito-like southwestern wraps, salads, burgers.
- Synapsis Cafe. Lobby of Weill Hall (Biotech). White
building diagonally across the street from Malott. Sandwiches and
- Temple of Zeus. Goldwin Smith Hall. Sandwiches, soups, etc.
- Martha's Cafe. Martha
Van Rensselaer Hall, north on Garden Ave. and
to your right. Salads, sandwiches.
- Rusty's. Uris Hall, at Tower Rd. and East Ave. Coffee and
- Goldie's. Physical Sciences Building past the Space Sciences Building and into the glass building. Hot sandwiches and coffee.
- I believe the Carl
Becker House, adjacent to Bethe House, has a cafeteria that is
open for dinner (until 7pm). If you go here let me know how it is.
- The Statler
Hotel contains the Regent Lounge (bar and grill) and Taverna Banfi
(expensive Italian, online
reservations available) which serve dinner.
The Collegetown neighborhood is about a 10 minute walk from Bethe
or 15 minutes from Malott Hall. The restaurants cater to
students and are generally moderate in price.
As you cross the bridge from campus, you are on College Ave. Dryden
Road is the first light; many restaurants are on the first block to
the right (downhill). Eddy Street is one block down Dryden. Stewart
Ave. is another block down and is probably best reached by this
Collegetown also has some small grocery stores if you need food or
Here is an incomplete list of some places worth trying. Please let us
know if any of them are especially good, bad, or no longer there.
- Collegetown Bagels. 415 College Ave. Bagels, coffee,
sandwiches, soups, and salads. Open very late with patio.
- Aladdin's Restaurant. 100 Dryden Road. Mediterranean and
Italian food: souvlaki, pita, hummus, etc.
- Koko 321 College Ave. Korean and other Asian food.
- Sangam Indian Cuisine. 424 Eddy Street. Indian food, lunch buffet
- Mehak Indian Cuisine. 410 Eddy Street. Another Indian
restaurant, almost next door to Sangam.
- Rulloff's. 411 College Ave. A bar with food
- The Nines. 311 College Avenue. A bar with good deep dish pizza
- Vietnam Restaurant. 208 Dryden Rd. Vietnamese food.
- Plum Tree Restaurant. 113 Dryden Road. Japanese
restaurant: sushi, rolls, lunch boxes
- Miyake. 416 Eddy Street. Japanese restaurant.
- Souvlaki House. 315 Eddy Street. Combination Greek and
- Chapter House. 400 Stewart Ave. A bar with great craft
beer selection. No food though.
Near the Commons.
The Commons is about a 15-20 minute walk downhill from Bethe House (map).
Of course a little longer uphill.
The block of Aurora St. between Seneca and State is "Restaurant Row".
There are also shops and restaurants on the pedestrian mall of the
Commons itself, and in the
- Just a Taste. Wine and Tapas Bar. 116 N. Aurora St.
Eclectic cuisine, small plates that let you try a variety of dishes.
Good wine list including "flights" that let you taste several wines.
- Mahogany Grill. 114 N. Aurora St.
Nice mahogany bar, standard American fare
- Sushi O Sake.
107 N. Aurora St
New Japanese restaurant
- Viva Taqueria and Cantina
101 N. Aurora St.
Mexican food. Remember you are in upstate NY, not California.
- Taste of Thai.
216 E. State (on the Commons)
The best Thai restaurant in Ithaca, according to some.
224 E. State (on the Commons)
Upscale pub food
215 E. State St. (on the Commons).
Asian influence European cuisine, great desserts.
113 S. Cayuga St.
- Lost Dog Cafe
106-112 South Cayuga Street
- Ithaca Ale House
111 N. Aurora St. Burgers, pizza, 20+ beers
215 N. Cayuga St (in the Dewitt Mall).
Ithaca's most famous vegetarian restaurant.
- Blue Steon Bar & Grill
110 N. Aurora St
"Chalk board tables"
- Mercato Bar & Kitchen
112 N. Aurora St
If you have a car
202 E. Falls St. 272-0656.
Contemporary American cuisine
- Fine Line Bistro
404 W. State St. 277-1077.
Interesting new restaurant, lots of tapas and appetizers
- Maxie's Supper Club and Oyster Bar
635 W. State St. 272-4136.
120 Third St. 273-8515
New American cuisine
- Zaza's Cucina
622 Cascadilla St. 273-9292.
A nice Italian restaurant
- Thai Cuisine
501 S Meadow St. Excellent Thai restaurant. Allow plenty of time as service is
- Boatyard Grill
525 Taughannock Blvd. 256-2628
Fish restaurant on the inlet of Lake Cayuga
- Taughannock Farms Inn
2030 Gorge Road Trumansburg. 387-7711
7 miles up route 89 along the lake, next to the Falls.
Four course meals for $20-30, an Ithaca experience.