- Coxeter, H. S. M. Non-Euclidean geometry. 5th ed. Toronto, Canada: U. of Toronto Pr., 1978
- Coxeter, H. S. M. Regular polytopes. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Macmillan Co., 1963
- Ramsay, Arlan, and Richtmyer,Robert D. Introduction to hyperbolic geometry. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag, 1995.
- Greenberg, Martin Jay. Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometries: Development and history. New Third edition. York, NY: W. H. Freeman and Co, 1993
- Rosenfeld, B. A. A history of non-Euclidean geometry: evolution of the concept of a geometrical space. New York, NY: Springer, 1988
- Gans, D. An introduction to non-Euclidean geometry. New York, NY: Academic Press, 1973
Note that all the pictures from this site, except the math drawings, are scanned from these two books.
- Ernst, Bruno The Magic Mirror of M.C. Escher2nd Edition, Taschen, 2007
- Forty, Sandra M.C. Escher Surrey, UK: TAJ Books, 2003
- http://www.mcescher.com/ - the official site (most of the links are from here)
- http://www.tessellations.org/ - fun site, with everything you need to do your own tessellations
- http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/poincare/poincare.html - it has a lot of hyperbolic tessellations, with some applets