First Steps in Mathematics
Answers to the most frequently asked questions concerning freshman-sophomore mathematics courses can be found within. If you still have questions about which math course to take, please contact Michelle Klinger at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have decided on a course and are having difficulty enrolling, please consult our pre-enrollment or add/drop guide.
This guide, while informative, cannot replace a meaningful conversation between student and faculty advisor.
- A Visual Guide to Calculus and Linear Algebra (PDF)
- Enrollment Recommendations for New Students
- First-Year Calculus
- Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus
- Advanced Placement Credit for Calculus
- Transferring Credit from Another Institution
- Introductory Statistics
- Mathematics for the Arts & Sciences Student
- Mathematics for the Engineering Student
- Mathematics for the CALS Student
- Mathematics for the Biology Major or Pre-Med Student